Civil Partnership Agreement Solicitors Paisley, Bearsden & Glasgow, Scotland
The lead-up to registering a civil partnership is an exciting time, but it can also be stressful with lots to do and many moving parts to consider. Wright & Crawford’s civil partnership agreements service can help alleviate some of the pressure by getting your mutual finances off on the right track. In the unfortunate event that you do later decide to separate, a civil partnership agreement can help you to do so with minimum stress, allowing you to preserve the best memories of your time together.
What does a civil partnership agreement involve?
A civil partnership agreement is a legally binding contract entered into before or during a civil partnership which sets out the way assets will be divided in the event of dissolution of the partnership or the death of one partner. This allows couples to decide upon their financial arrangements for themselves, rather than leaving this to the courts. Issues addressed may include:
- How items such as debts, bills and mortgage payments will be divided between partners;
- The division of joint assets in the event of relationship breakdown;
- Entitlement to spousal support in the event of relationship breakdown;
- Pension arrangements; and,
- The protection of each partner’s individual assets.
Under Scots Law, an agreement can be made invalid if each party does not receive independent legal advice before entering into a civil partnership agreement. Wright & Crawford’s specialist family lawyers will provide you with clear, reliable legal advice and negotiate an agreement which works for you, all whilst keeping costs low. We offer appointments via FaceTime or Skype, and regularly keep in touch via email to ensure that you are kept informed every step of the way.
Our solicitors can:
- Negotiate civil partnership agreements on your behalf;
- Draft civil partnership agreements;
- Help you make changes to a civil partnership agreement; and,
- Help you decide what to do if you feel your agreement is unfair or unreasonable.
Contact our Civil Partnership Agreement Solicitors Paisley and Bearsden, Glasgow
Wright & Crawford is based in Paisley and Bearsden and serves clients throughout Renfrewshire and the Glasgow area. We are dedicated to making sure you can start your life together on the right track. To find out more about what we can do for you, contact our family law team on 0141 942 3764 for our Glasgow office, 0141 887 6211 for our Paisley Office or use our online contact form.