Cohabitation Agreement Solicitors Paisley, Bearsden & Glasgow, Scotland
Moving in together is a big commitment, and can often raise issues around finances or property ownership. A cohabitation agreement can enable you and your partner to formalise your living arrangements, granting you both protection in the event of death or a relationship breakdown. Wright & Crawford’s experienced and perceptive lawyers can help you think through the issues you want to address and put these on paper in a legally binding document.
What can a cohabitation agreement cover?
A cohabitation agreement can be tailored to the individual couple, covering as much or as little as needed. Some common areas included in a cohabitation agreement include:
- Who has rights in the home in the event of death or a relationship breakdown;
- How the proceeds of a house sale will be divided between the partners;
- Who is responsible for joint mortgages, bills and debts, or how this responsibility is shared between the couple; and,
- What happens to any other joint assets, such as cars and furniture, in the event of death or relationship breakdown.
What Wright & Crawford can do
Wright & Crawford have been practising for over 100 years, and can give you the benefit of their expert knowledge in order to ensure that your cohabitation agreement works for you. We can:
- Negotiate a cohabitation agreement on your behalf;
- Draft a cohabitation agreement for you and your partner;
- Help you to understand the terms of an existing cohabitation agreement;
- Negotiate changes to an existing cohabitation agreement; and,
- Help you to enforce a cohabitation agreement.
We understand that our clients are often busy people, which is why we also offer appointments via FaceTime or Skype, as well as regular updates via email. At Wright & Crawford, we are passionate about developing lifelong relationships with our clients, who often come back to us time and time again. We provide honest, easy to understand advice which enables you to make the best decisions about your future.
We also offer a full range of services for families and individuals including prenuptial agreements, civil partnership agreements, wills and executries. Contact our experienced solicitors today for advice.
Contact our Cohabitation Agreement Solicitors Paisley and Bearsden, Glasgow
Wright & Crawford is based in Paisley and Bearsden and serves clients throughout Renfrewshire and the Glasgow area. We are a trustworthy and reliable firm, dedicated to making sure that moving in with a partner is as stress-free as possible. To find out more about what we can do for you, contact our family law team on 0141 942 3764 for our Glasgow office, 0141 887 6211 for our Paisley Office or use our online contact form.